Sunday, May 22, 2011

Miso-Citrus Chicken


Ultra fast and delicious recipe for the nights where you don't have the time, or just can't be bothered screwing around in the kitchen all night. I was looking throught the fridge for ideas, and this is what developed. Some of the best chicken I have made!

Miso-Citrus Chicken

chicken (use any cut you like, or whole)
2 Tbs. Red miso
2 Tbs. Lemon curd
1 Tbs. Shoyu
6 teeth of garlic (fine mince)
1 thumb size knob of fresh ginger (fine mince)
1 tsp red chili flakes (optional)
1/4 cup chicken stock

Technique: Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and marinate chicken for at least an hour (two is better) Bake chicken at 450 degrees )so minutes for bone-in thighs). This can be done on the grill as well.

A note on chicken. I am really grossed out by commercial chicken. Therefore I use only free-range, organic products in my cooking. Do some research on commercial chicken production, and after that I would imagine you may share that opinion with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment