Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Weeping Radish

Holy mother of all that is tasty and righteous! Check this place out. I have always been attracted to businesses that do a number of things really well. Here you have an organic CSA (community supported agriculture), a artisan butchery which specializes in grass-fed beef, and heirloom breed pork, complete with a German born sausage maker, and to top all that off a craft brewery. Still my beating heart! A one stop shop for all the goodness you need to survive.

This is very much in line with our theory of how things should be here at Alchemy. As I evolve into what I want to be when I grow up, I am going bring more disciplines into play. This year we are looking at raising animals, I want to make hard cider, make cheese again, do all of our own butchery, etc. This is a great time to take this step because my children are 3 and 5, and I want to raise them having the skill and knowledge as to how to raise their own food and appreciate what is good in this world. This could be an invaluable skill in an uncertain future.

www.weepingradish.com


No comments:

Post a Comment